An awkwardly positioned towel bar could make it arduous to dry off after a shower or bathe. Using the usual towel bar peak placement makes for a greater expertise for everybody within the household.
A towel bar is a horizontal bar secured to the toilet wall in order that residents can cling their towels. There are completely different dimension towel bars to accommodate massive tub towels, hand towels, and ornamental towels.
Commonplace Towel Bar Peak
The most typical towel bar heights vary from 42 to 48 inches above the ground. As a result of there is no such thing as a precise quantity, you should use this vary to search out the proper peak to fulfill your loved ones’s wants.
In RVs and small loos, towel bar peak is round 42 inches, typically much less, whereas in accommodations, to guard the towels, the vary is nearer to 48 inches.
How Huge Are Towels?
To know the way excessive to hold your towel bar, take into account the dimensions of your towel. Bathtub towels ought to be a number of inches off the bottom in order that they will air dry with out saturating the ground.
Varieties Of Towels
- Bathtub Towel – vary from 27″ x 52″ to 30″ x 58″ in dimension and are utilized in customary loos.
- Bathtub Sheet – a shower sheet is as massive as, or nearly as massive as, a seaside towel. It’s for individuals who need extra protection than a normal towel gives and ranges from 35″ x 60″ to 40″ x 70″.
- Hand Towel – it is a customary towel for drying your face and palms. It’s someplace between 16″ x 28″ to 18″ x 30″ and is present in kitchens and loos in any kind of home.
- Finger Towel – this somewhat uncommon kind of towel is small and rectangular, measuring 11″ x 18″.
- Washcloth – washcloths are sq. and are usually 13″ x 13″ although they are often smaller. Such a “towel” is made for laundry and may be present in practically each lavatory on this planet.
Towel Bar vs. Towel Ring
Although each a towel rack and a towel ring have the identical goal, they’re distinct objects. A towel bar is a bar or rod, whereas a towel ring is a hoop or hook. Towel rings are frequent for hand towels, whereas towel bars maintain tub towels.
A towel ring is commonly above the sink in order that hand towels are straightforward to entry. Most householders place towel bars on the wall closest to the bathe or tub.